starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form help

Default Deadlift form help

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    not the best quality video. I'm going to do one of each of my lifts this week but i wanted some pointers before i go deadlift again this week. Link below let me know if it works first time uploading to youtube.

Deadlift Form Check - YouTube

Link works just fine but try to film yourself directly from the side. Overally it looks pretty good, you clearly follow the 5 steps DL setup. However on the way down bar goes around your knees. You probably feel that they get in the way of the bar. Keep the bar on your legs the whole time and initiate eccentric portion of the movement from hips (with straight but unlocked knees) and actually bend at the knees after the bar passes them.

TBH this is an issue I had quite recently after a break from lifting. If you are concious about it, it should fade away quickly as you practice the lift.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Link works just fine but try to film yourself directly from the side.
    No. Yo can't see the lifter's feet/shins from the side because the plates block them. We want to start 45 degree front oblique at about hip height.

Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Overally it looks pretty good, you clearly follow the 5 steps DL setup.
    Disagree. His shins look possibly too close to the bar, but we can't tell because the video is too close and the plates are in the way from us seeing his feet. He also doesn't perform Step 4 correctly. He sort of gets his back set, but drops his hips in the process. Less so as he goes on, but still does it. He also takes his hands off the bar and completely resets every rep. He basically did five singles.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    No. Yo can't see the lifter's feet/shins from the side because the plates block them. We want to start 45 degree front oblique at about hip height.

Disagree. His shins look possibly too close to the bar, but we can't tell because the video is too close and the plates are in the way from us seeing his feet. He also doesn't perform Step 4 correctly. He sort of gets his back set, but drops his hips in the process. Less so as he goes on, but still does it. He also takes his hands off the bar and completely resets every rep. He basically did five singles.
    Lol... Show him one of your videos.