starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength and progressing into Phrak's GSLP

Default Starting Strength and progressing into Phrak's GSLP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    At what point in the Starting Strength program could I transition to GSLP?(I haven't started training yet,I'll have money to go to the gym next month)
    I know that this is a stupid question to put when I haven't even started.I'm sorry if I am being dumb and thanks for reading

What is Phrak's GSLP?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    What is Phrak's GSLP?
    GSLP was started by a fellow who used to be associated with these forums. Phrak is a user on reddit who took GSLP and modified it. All that to say, the OP's question should be directed towards the appropriate reddit subforum.

Yeah, I know John but I don't remember the details of the GSLP program. Didn't know who "Phrak" was.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Baker (KSC) View Post
    Yeah, I know John but I don't remember the details of the GSLP program. Didn't know who "Phrak" was.
    It's basically SSLP advanced novice with the last set of 3x5 always an AMRAP. Phrak added a row variation as a main lift to be progressed 3x5+ (last set AMRAP).

starting strength coach development program
    GSLP is basically just an alternative to the advanced novice progression. So basically for the OP the point you would transition to GSLP is at the point that you would transition to advanced novice (laid out in the book if you're unsure on timing). Having myself run both at different points in the past, I can say that I don't feel like I really got anything extra out of GSLP that I didn't get from advanced novice, and GSLP also doesn't have an intermediate program that is easy to transfer into (advanced novice can be easily and naturally transferred over to either Texas Method or HLM one slot at a time), so I would say it's probably best to run SS as written in the book, then pick either HLM or TM as your follow on when the advanced novice stops working for you.