starting strength gym

Thread: DL Check

Default DL Check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

I was looking at some other threads on the forum so I think I already know the answer to this question, but I wanted to get a check anyway.

Two videos: One at 395, one at 375. The 395 one has some shitty lighting but you can still make it out pretty well because of all of the light behind me.

395: June 21, 2017 - YouTube
    375: Deadlift - YouTube

I think I'm missing the ever-important 4th step. Just read Rip's piece on proprioception, which I think played a big role here. You can't tell from the side angle but I also don't think I pushed my knees out slightly before the pull. Any other pointers would be greatly appreciated.

In reference to the 395: You need to keep your eyes focused on one point 12-15 feet in front of you and HOLD IT. Right now you're aimlessly starting with a look at the ground, quickly glancing up at the ceiling, and bringing the gaze back down. Also, there's a little bit more flexion in your back than what I'm comfortable with. I want to see a 45 degree angle from the front so I can see your stance and grip during the setup there might be something wrong there.

375: You're dropping your hips prior to the pull and they're raising as it breaks of the ground. This throws off the vertical bar path and will cause problems. During the setup: break at the knees and hips simultaneously and once the shins touch the bar. FREEZE!

But overall you're looking strong keep going!