starting strength gym

Thread: Uuuh, what now?

Default Uuuh, what now?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    TL;DR Need suggestions for a good strength AND conditioning program.

I'm finished with the novice progression, it was the first real program I did it took my weight from 165 at 5'8" to now at 186 5'8". It also took my squat from 205x5x3 to 295x5x3. Now that I've packed on my novice gains with a little fat on the side I did a conditioning workout with a friend and realised that I have 0 endurance, and 0 cardiovascular strength. I want to move to a good strength AND conditioning program but all I can find are programs that combine both and don't know what they're doing on either suggesting ab crunches or programs that are specifically strength programs. (PS my age is 16)
    Last edited by scottishknees; 06-27-2017 at 09:57 AM. Reason: missed info

Do bill starr 5x5.

I did do a five pound raise 3x per week but pulled a back muscle at 295 bad enough that i had to drop back AAAALLL the way back to 245 to be able to perform the squats with form after the injury. after working my way AAALLL the way back up to 295 i pulled the same back muscle during the same set because of staying to upright during the squat. But yes the 20 pounds was put on in about a 6 week period. because of other delays that means around 3 and a half months on the program now. and now that I think about it more the more I think I should stay with a novice progression and try to break my 295 barrier. thanks for the input. Also, in absence of a prowler what other things could i do? (PS: I have basically everything available but the prowler. PPS: (This is for future reference once I'm finally done with a proper novice progression.))