starting strength gym

Thread: Darage Gym Warrior Strengthlifting Meet Prep

Default Darage Gym Warrior Strengthlifting Meet Prep

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey Andy,

Sorry for yet another question. I just purchased your Garage Gym Warrior program today and I really like the overall training template. My question, can I use this program for a meet prep cycle? I'm planning on competing in my first ever meet this October (the US Strengthlifting Fall Classic at WFAC!). I'm currently on a Novice LP after I hurt my back about 1.5 months ago, should I run out my LP and go straight into your program? Should I even do that at all? I calculated backwards and I'll need to begin the Garage Gym Warrior program by August 7th to have the time to run the program in its entirety.

Thanks!

Yes, you can use it for that.

I'm also using GGW to prep for the Fall Classic, and I'm assuming that meet week would be week 13. Do I need to do anything early in the week to stay primed? Or should I put the meet at the end of Week 12, and just not do the final workout?

I like to time things so my last really heavy workout is about 7-10 days out from the meet, and then the week of the meet I usually do a lighter Squat and Bench workout on Tuesday. Something like 80% for 3x3