starting strength gym

Thread: Importing training log from Stronglifts 5x5 app to SS app

Default Importing training log from Stronglifts 5x5 app to SS app

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have been using stronglifts 5x5 for about a year now.
    In the beginning I followed the 5x5 strictly, but then when I stopped making progress on 5x5, I switched to 3x5 for all the basic barbell lifts, excluding the power clean (since it's not included in the stronglifts program).
    Basically I'm using the stronglifts app just to record my lifts, but am basically following the SS method of using a 3x5 for all the barbell lifts. Shortly after starting Stronglifts 5x5, I found out about SS and completely agree with their method and basically have applied it for quite a while and I plan on using it for myself.
    My question is:
    Is there a way to import my training data/log from the Stronglifts app to the SS app?

Any help it appreciated

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

The app doesnt support this. I could probably write something in a few days to do this but you're the first person to ask for it, so its pretty far down the list of priorities.

I see.
    Well, thanks for replying so soon.
    Would you recommend to continue using Stronglifts program the same way(& therefore the app) or should I start using the SS program (& therefore the app)?
    My numbers (in kg) currently are:
    SQUAT: 140
    BENCH: 107.5
    PRESS: 72.5
    DEADLIFT: 170

I punched mine in manually, just so I had the log all in one place. I used the notes to indicate places where there was a bit of variation from the way SS is set up compared to the session I had done in SL. But I had only 6 weeks or so I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasif Shah View Post
    I see.
    Well, thanks for replying so soon.
    Would you recommend to continue using Stronglifts program the same way(& therefore the app) or should I start using the SS program (& therefore the app)?
    My numbers (in kg) currently are:
    SQUAT: 140
    BENCH: 107.5
    PRESS: 72.5
    DEADLIFT: 170
    If you want to do starting strength novice linear program, I recommend using the Starting Strength app.

I am also using the Stronglifts app to record my lifts, but I use the Starting Strength programming model. One disincentive to purchasing the Starting Strength app (for approx. $9) is the inability to import my fairly long use of the Stronglifts app. I would very interested in having an import option.

I am also a longtime user of the Stronglifts app. One disincentive to purchasing the SS app is the current inability to import my workout logs from the Stronglifts app. I would very much like to see this feature in the SS app.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobp View Post
    I am also a longtime user of the Stronglifts app. One disincentive to purchasing the SS app is the current inability to import my workout logs from the Stronglifts app. I would very much like to see this feature in the SS app.
    Thanks for the feedback. This has only been requested a couple of times and unfortunately the amount of work to implement this is not worth the number of people who actually want it.

starting strength coach development program
    Add me to the list of users who would appreciate this import. Granted that only makes three of us...