starting strength gym

Thread: Attending the Seminar in Wichita Falls Dec 8 - 10 - Questions

Default Attending the Seminar in Wichita Falls Dec 8 - 10 - Questions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I pulled the trigger and registered for the seminar. Coming from Denver (yes I know there was one here but I couldn't go at the time) I'll be flying to Dallas then driving up to WF. I have a few questions:

1. Apart from my wrist wraps, knee sleeves, shoes, clothes, belts,what else do I need to bring?
    2. How do meals work. Is lunch included or do we leave for 1hr to go eat somewhere?
    3. I worked through my shoulder issues with a coach here and I can't do the Power-Clean at all. Will I be doing a different lift like Snatch, or will I just hang of to the side helping to coach others on the PC but not perform myself?
    4. Which day is lifting day, Saturday or Sunday or both, so I can tailor my program accordingly the week prior.
    5. Because I don't powerclean I never learned the lift even in theory so I can't coach it. Is it suggested I learn at least the theory on how to coach it?
    6. Not a joke, but is there a wood stick so I can loosen my shoulders prior to squatting? I can't even get the high-bar position, thumbs around, without warming the hell out of them prior.

Thanks.

You may want to bring food. The days are long and you’ll get hungry.

We’ll break for lunch on Saturday and Sunday. Usually about an hour.

Your platform coach may have you snatch or if you want to sit it out, that’s perfectly fine with us.

Lifting is: Squat, deadlift, bench on Saturday power clean and press on Sunday.

We’ll give the teaching method for the clean and all the other lifts during the platform portions of the seminar.

We have lots of wooden sticks.

See you there.

Thanks Nick.