starting strength gym

Thread: Squat stall on SS, change to TM?

Default Squat stall on SS, change to TM?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey guys iīve been following SS for 6 months and my stats are:

BW:152-168 pounds
    Heigth: 174 cm
    All 3x5 (except DL)
    Squat: 135-255
    Deadlift: 185-335
    Bench: 115-185
    Press: 75-125
    Rows: 115-185

My calories are right now at 3000-3500. My first reset on squat was at 230, try it again and get 250, and in this ocation I get to 255, but only did 2-2-2 reps, i give it a light day like the advanced novice suggest and then try it again and go for 5-4-2 reps with a belt on. The issue is whatīs up if the next day i cant make the 3x5 with 255, i should change to TM or another intermediate type of program? Btw i recently started the advanced novice variation and did great for my DL, but not too much for my squat.

Thanks, and sorry for my English Im from Chile (South America)

Post videos to the technique forum or SS Q&A to get feedback on your lifts. How old are you? You could stand to gain some more weight.

Next workout i will post a video, i do high bar btw. Im 21, and yes im still gaining at least a pound per week.

Good deal. Curious, why do you high bar? Do you do any conditioning? Have you added any extra fluff to zeh program?

Just because is a strong position for me, i have tried low bar but i can really do as well as high bar, even with practice. And no, i havenīt add anything to the program, i feel it like a recovery issue, because my eating has been great and the sleep is also nice, so the 255 pound squat really challenge me when i get to that stick point. The other lifts still progress slowly, but still making progress after resseting

The shift from high bar to low bar takes longer than being able to perform the low bar properly to show the benefits. The squat will slow down. As long as you can get the reps, you are fine. You might want to increase your caloric intake, however. I would rather see you around 190-200.

Sounds like technique and/or recovery issues. Post a video amigo

Actually i could make all 3 sets with 112,5 kilos so i will try 115 after the recovery day, but i post the video anyways for some feedback. Thanks for the tips
    YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by ijescudero View Post
    Actually i could make all 3 sets with 112,5 kilos so i will try 115 after the recovery day, but i post the video anyways for some feedback. Thanks for the tips
    YouTube
    Thanks for the video. This is not the best angle. Next time shoot one from the rear oblique--about the 4oclock postion. I'd like to see your stance and feet. However, you move around quite a bit, especially when you get in the hole. Keep your brace! Hard! You really get into your knees and the bar gets ahead of midfoot and then as you ascend your hips shoot back and you do this yo-yoing all the way. I know this is hi-bar but you still need to stay MIDFOOT. Also, Dalton's and my assessment of your current weight situation is correct. Please eat more empanadas! Oh, and get a better belt.