starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Weight Increases

Default Squat Weight Increases

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    What is the squat weight i need to add per session on the SS program for a 30 year old male at 6'2" and 200lbs? App is doing 10lbs per session on my squats but the online material I've been watching has been citing a 5 pound increase (from the Q&As)

Wondering if it's a bug in the app or not. I'm on week 2 of my training and started out with an empty bar.

I'd reference the book, but I've been waiting on my copy for week 3 now so would appreciate the help here :)

Thanks

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by Mug View Post
    What is the squat weight i need to add per session on the SS program for a 30 year old male at 6'2" and 200lbs? App is doing 10lbs per session on my squats but the online material I've been watching has been citing a 5 pound increase (from the Q&As)

Wondering if it's a bug in the app or not. I'm on week 2 of my training and started out with an empty bar.

I'd reference the book, but I've been waiting on my copy for week 3 now so would appreciate the help here :)

Thanks
    Pretty sure 10lbs is the default for males at the start of the program, but this is more a question for the coaches section of the forum.