OP: 145 x 3 x5
    Deadlift: 285 x 1 x 5

Yesterday's workout

Squat: 240 x 3 x 5, 3:30 min rest
    OP: 145 x3 x 5, 4 min rest
    Chins: 4 x 6, 3 min rest

Bodyweight: 197
    Height: 5' 10"

Been doing SS for about 2 months with some other P.H.U.L stuff before. Definitely top heavy right now; had a knee injury during first shot at linear progression last year (Stronglifts) and have some upper body muscle memory benefits from high school years of skipping leg day like an idiot.

Guilty of YNDTP with respect to not adding cleans into my workouts and just alternating between DL and Chins. Also sometimes have been doing DL once a week and chins twice a week. Also not sleeping enough, and getting used to the idea of needing to eat a lot since for years I have been worrying about losing weight, and I have just decided to fore go that until April when I switch to strength maintenance and more intense cardiovascular training.

Current concerns:

-Squats - Should I be able to be adding 5 pounds still? Worried I cannot because the weight isn't that heavy yet. Just got lifters and a belt last week which are really helping with form but I may be in a 5 pounds every other workout situation.

-OP/BP - can't add 5 each time but getting heavy. Trying to add 5 every other but not always working. May need to figure out whast to do here. Should I just wait for my other lifts to catch up, or switch to intermediate programming for upper body only?

-Deadlifts - consistently able to add 10 lbs. Pulled something in my abs (not a hernia) so was conservative for a bit. Each time I add 10 lbs I can pull it no problem.
    Last edited by seagan823; 02-08-2018 at 11:40 AM.

Yesterday's Workout:

Squat: 235 x 3 x 5

-first & third belted, second no belt. All felt good. Good form, good depth. Going up by 5 next session.

Bench Press: 245 x 2 x 5, 240 x 1 x 5

-Adjusted program. Instead of increasing by 5 lbs on each set, increasing by 5 pounds on first set for first day of an increase, then only on 2nd set if first set feels good. Here I felt fine on set 1, but set 2 I barely got last rep up and felt butt come slightly off bench. Dropped to a good set of 5 at 240. Think 245 across for next BP session.

Deadlift: 295 x 1 x 5
    -Felt good but using god damned hex plates so resetting a lot. Going to purchase some 10 lb bumpers and a bigger gym bag for them to lift hexes of the ground. I am definitely not too close to actual max here, but if I keep going up by 10 its going to get hard fast.

Definitely need to increase the amount of food I am eating. Going to add a glass of milk per meal and see how that works. Also need to start getting 8 hours of sleep. Can feel the sleep beginning to affect recovery.
    Last edited by seagan823; 02-08-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Yesterday's Workout

Squat: 240 x 3 x 5, 1st and 3rd belted, 2nd no belt. Felt very good. Will increase by 5 next time.

Overhead press. 160 x 2.5, 150 x 2 x 5. Did bad plate math on the first set. Next sets went well, will most likely hit 150 x 3 x 5 next session.

Deadlift: 305 x 1 x 5. Felt heavy but great. Having to reset a bit because of hex plates, but the heavier it gets the less the shitty plate shape seems to matter. Looking forward to pulling 315 next time and finally getting 6 plates on a bar.

Missed three full workouts in a row due to a medical emergency for a former social work client. Thankfully everything is now going better than expected. Finally got back to the gym today.

Squat: 245 x 3 x 5, all belted. Felt good. Gonna hit 250 Friday.

Bench press: 245 x 3 x 5. Felt good. Going to try 250 next week and depending on how first set feels may drop the next set/third set to 245. Also considering ordering 1 1/4 plates to maintain better fidelity to linear progression instead of using this drop weight method.

Chinups: 4 x 6. Chins for me gotta be from dead hang to chest-to-bar. Hit all those except last rep on last set. Think the two PRs on the previous exercises had me gassed.

Gonna see if I can pull 315 for 5 on Friday.
    Last edited by seagan823; 02-21-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Hex plates are from hell.

315 is an exciting mark to hit. Now onward and upward.

What is your age?