starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift more without a belt?

Default Deadlift more without a belt?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm kind of confused. My weight for deadlift w/ belt is 157.5kg x5@8 x3. And it's pretty accurate at that. But my 2ct pause deadlift (beltless) is 160x4@9x3.
    And this is confusing to me as beltless Paused is higher weight than belted.

Any ideas why this could be. I think I'm being pretty honest with rpe ratings

I spoke to some SSC on Instagram and they said to ask here so I have no other avenues of what to do. If for reference I use a 4" 13mm Powerlifting belt

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Quote Originally Posted by a.r.f.y View Post
    I'm kind of confused. My weight for deadlift w/ belt is 157.5kg x5@8 x3. And it's pretty accurate at that. But my 2ct pause deadlift (beltless) is 160x4@9x3.
    And this is confusing to me as beltless Paused is higher weight than belted.

Any ideas why this could be. I think I'm being pretty honest with rpe ratings

I spoke to some SSC on Instagram and they said to ask here so I have no other avenues of what to do. If for reference I use a 4" 13mm Powerlifting belt
    Think you posted this on the wrong forum, this is for app related questions. Try the coaches forum.