starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nerdy lifter's journey

Talking Nerdy lifter's journey

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I call myself the nerdy lifter for one reason. I MAKE RESEARCH ALL THE DAMN TIME!!!

Anyways, this will be my journey. My real name is Brian, 16 years old, birthday is on october 27th. My current lifts right now are:
    Power squat = 350 lbs.
    Conventional Deadlift = 380 lbs.
    Bench press = 245 lbs.

Ya'll have a nice day! I hope ya'll reach your goals and become the best at what you're doing. I know you can do it, it's just a matter of research....... And of course, some other factors. But either way, good luck!

Red face Yo.

My training session yesterday wasn't bad. Although the supervisor in my high school weight room left early, (which caused us to go home early too!) I still managed to do my Max Effort rack pulls. The bar was about 7 inches higher than regular deads.

Rack pulls = (I worked up to a max double of 385 lbs, almost a triple! But my back started to round at the last rep so I decided to quit it.)

Right after school, I'll do max effort leg extensions. Yes, I know it's weird, but I want my quads to be freaky strong. It's for a stronger roundhouse kick. I wanna be an MMA fighter too though...

Talking Yo

I forgot to mention, my height is 5'6.

Default This sucks!

There Was No Supervisor At The Weightroom!! They Were At The Basketball Court As A Referree In A Tournament With The Anorexic Peepz!! This Is Such A Drag.............................................. ..

Default Yo.

I'll resume my workout later. I'll do heavy triples on leg extensions.

Red face Yo.

I've managed to do three singles with 285 lbs. for leg extensions yesterday. I thought I could do a triple with it but I was wrong...

Anyways, I also added bench presses yesterday. It was really sloppy, I could'n't break my PR. I think it had something to do with the groove cause when I was doing the eccentric phase, I could barely control it! ANd when I did the concentric phase, I got really sloppy and couldn't do things the right way. The groove was bumpy, it sucks. I used to lift 230 lbs. for a double, but I only managed to do one rep with it....

After bench presses, I did some behind the neck presses, and some lat pulldowns. I supersetted them, hoping I would finish before the lazy supervisors in my weightroom decides to leave. Unfortunately, they did. I only managed to do two supersets. This really sucks...

Leg extensions: I worked up to three heavy singles with 285 lbs.
    Bench presses: Worked up to a single with 230 lbs.
    Behind the neck presses supersetted with lat pulldowns: 9 reps each, behind the neck presses was about 85 lbs. lat pulldowns was 180 lbs. I did two total sets, and I didn't even finish... I wanted to do atleast 5 sets for the day but, I guess I'll continue my workout later. I'm also gonna add some core work.

Talking New day!

Guess what? It's rack pull day!!

This is what I hope for today:

Rack pulls (7 inches above the floor) = 385 lbs. for 3 reps.

I hope I can make it...

Default My rack pull day turned out great!

My rack pull day turned out great!

Rack pulls(7 inches above the floor): worked up to a max triple for 385lbs.
    Leg extensions: I couldn't break my PR(285x1, 3 sets. I tried for a fourth set but I didn't make it...)

Smile Yesterday.

Yesterday was bench press day. I did inclined bench presses for my max effort:

45 degree inclined bench presses = worked up to a max single for 165 lbs.
    Behind the neck presses =
    8x85
    7x85
    7x85
    6x85
    5x85
    Chin ups(Palms facing my face): 5 sets of 8 reps. I couldn't remember clearly but that's kinda what I did.

Default Today is....

starting strength coach development program
    Today is whatever day. I'll do whatever I feel like, as long as it's not overtraining...

Light leg extensions perhaps, or some bench presses with the bar only. I dunno.

......I think I'll spend my time inventing a new exercise!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast