starting strength gym

Thread: re-injured my lower back + Scheuermann?s kyphosis

Default re-injured my lower back + Scheuermann?s kyphosis

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    hi

maybe You trained someone with Scheuermann?s kyphosis?

in short this is what doc told me after x-ray:
    - my upper back is rounded
    - my lower is to arched and forward
    - this puts to much pressure on lower back when squating/deadlifting
    - because I've had Scheuermann?s disease - my vertebrae has some small deformities and disc can slide into them or something like this

I didn't know about it earlier but:
    - 2 months ago when warming up for squats when starting second rep (in the bottom of the squat) something popped in my lower back, I went to sports doc, he told me it's just a muscle pull
    - it healed, I slowly added weights focusing mostly on deadlifts (thought my lower back may be weaker than my legs)
    - last week i got my deadlift to 250lbs (previous best is 272) - it felt good
    - this week I did light squats (132 x 5), and 2 days later when warming up for deadlifts with 198 in the starting position of second rep it happened again

this time I went to normal doc, he x-rayed my back and told me about my bad posture and Scheuermann's disease

so my question is how to substitute deadlifts and squats for w while? (I hope I'll correct my posture, but how many months or years it will take I don't know)

in my basement gym I have barbell, dumbbells, and pull-down with low-pull cable

I thought about doing split squats with dumbbells, pull-throughs, high-rep good mornings, light weight high rep squats and fronts squats (just to work on my form), I heard front squats are easier on lower back, but never tried them

so if You have any tips on what to do, or on fixing posture (I'm already looking for someone who specializes in this field but some tips can be useful), or maybe You can tell me how do You train people that come to You with bad posture or maybe You trained someone that also had Scheuermann's disease?

my x-ray:

Tom

I've never trained anyone with Scheuerman's kyphosis. No input, sorry.