starting strength gym

Thread: I think you will find this somewhat amusing.

Default I think you will find this somewhat amusing.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    After my visit with P.T. today, I am thoroughly convinced he is very misinformed about weight training in regard to skeletal/muscular anatomy.

He thinks my shoulder issues are mainly AC joint related; I should modify my normal routine (your novice program) for a while.
    When he said these things, I thought "err, Rip would disagree":

Use sets of 10s (excluding squats) for a while. Use a weight that isn't really difficult near the end of the sets. Less than 10 reps is hard on your joints, and for someone with/or predisposed to a joint injury that is bad.

Having a back that horizontal puts a lot of shear on your spine and will wreck it (my back was more horizontal than vertical in the deadlift).

Sub rows (or machine rows, DB rows) for deadlifts. Deadlifts don't work the back muscles enough to provide necessary muscular balance for avoiding rounded shoulders.

Sub incline presses for overhead presses for a while because they are not as hard on the shoulder joints.

Power cleans are ok because they start with a more vertical back angle than my deadlift.

He seemed to talk as if he did not think there was a shrugging motion at the top of an overhead press, like the shoulder blades were not working in their full range of motion of something. He must be under the assumption that I do these: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...lderPress.html instead of the correct overhead press as shown in SS:BBT where the correct lockout position is being under the bar.

I do not understand how people in a medical field can get work without knowing this stuff. I am really irritated that I paid him money to tell me poor information. The only thing he said that sounded reasonable was that lighter weight was better while rehabbing an injured area. I already knew that .

If you accurately recounted his advice, not one single thing he said was correct. This is why I do not perform brain surgery.