starting strength gym
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 microplates for sale, METRIC now available

Default 2018 microplates for sale, METRIC now available

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Updating my microplates for sale thread, with the announcement of metric microplates.

English (pound) microplates, 2 each:
    0.25 lbs
    0.5 lbs
    0.75 lbs
    1 lb (for 0.5 lb increments between 0-5 lbs)
    - and -
    0.625 lbs
    1.25 lbs (for 1.25lb increments between 0-5 lbs)

Metric (kg) microplates, 2 each:
    0.125 kg
    0.25 kg
    0.375 kg
    0.5 kg
    - and -
    0.313 kg
    0.625 kg

The metric microplates are the true weight in kg - not just my standard weights re-marked in kg. As a result, each plate in the set is 10% heavier than the equivalent pound plate. Because of this, the metric microplates will not fit in a small flat rate box like the English set did. This is why the metric set has a higher price - the additional shipping cost is included in the price. All weights are laser cut, shot blasted, and coated with a light spray of WD-40 (penetrating oil) to prevent rust. If you wish to paint them you need to first wash off the oil with hot soapy water an dry thoroughly. If not, the paint will probably not stick.

2018 pricing:

English (pound) microplates - $36 (includes shipping in the US)
    Metric (kg) microplates - $45 (includes shipping in the US)
    English and Metric, one complete set of each, combined shipping in the US included - $75

Bulk rates and international shipping - Email or message me and I'll figure out pricing for orders of 3+ sets or international shipping.

Payment instructions - The easiest way to pay is by sending the correct amount to dwm81781@yahoo.com on PayPal. Please include your mailing address in the comments. Cash or check by mail is fine also, email or message me for my address.

https://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/training/76645-2017-microplates-sale.html
    https://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/training/68337-microplates-sale.html

Thanks!
    Dan

I goofed up the links above, so here are the corrected links with lots of comments, endorsements, referrals, etc.

2017 Microplates for Sale thread
    Earlier microplate for sale thread

Also, here's the link for a album with pictures of the English plate set. Metric look the same, but I used decimal instead of fraction for the etching to help tell them apart more easily.

Fractional plate set photo album

Thanks

Payment sent for KG set. Thank you!

I was just in the market and looking at Amazon. After reading last year's reviews, I'm going with you.

$36 sent via PP just now. Thanks in advance, Dan!

Got my plates quick and they're awesome. Put some of them to use today. Thanks Dan!

damn, bought a lot of washers before discovering your post. facepalm

Paid. Let me know if you have any problems.

What's the lead time?
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quick Question: Is there a good way to clean these plates? I lug mine around in my gym bag and they could use a polish. I've never cleaned plates before, so thought I might ask.

Something like a shot of WD-40 and a good rag?

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    Paid. Let me know if you have any problems.

What's the lead time?
    The lead time is 5 days apparently. That's pretty dope. Thanks for the plates, Dan.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

starting strength coach development program
    Bumping this thread with an update: I will continue to be current on all shipments through July 27. After that I'm taking a week vacation followed by our semi-annual audit at work. I'll be back to my normal routine and resume shipping on August 9. Thanks for all the business!

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Goldstein View Post
    Quick Question: Is there a good way to clean these plates? I lug mine around in my gym bag and they could use a polish. I've never cleaned plates before, so thought I might ask.

Something like a shot of WD-40 and a good rag?
    I ship plates with a shot-blasted finish and a light coat of WD-40. Wiping with a clean rag and reapplying a light coat of oil is the best maintenance. If you decide to paint them, wash with hot soapy water first, and thoroughly dry before painting. The oil in the porous surface of the metal will cause the paint not to stick well.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast