starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check.

Default Deadlift form check.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, this is my first post for form check. I recently attempted a 305PR and felt as if I had a hernia. A couple variables were in play, I was using a belt for the first time although I did use it on last few warm up sets. I really held my air tight with my valsalva manoevre and the push on my abdomen/groin came at the top of one of my reps. I've since gone to the doctor and confirmed I did not in fact have a hernia. I took 2 weeks to deload and rest my abdomen so here is my current working set of my deads. I switched back to beltless and let some air out 1/2 to 3/4 way up as now I'm scared of the pressure I built up. Anyhow here is my video link, I would like to hear any critisms please.

YouTube

Sean,

After the first rep, there's a little bit of movement of the bar with your shins. Bar needs to be over mid-foot and then not move. You need to create more lumbar extension. Lift and try to rotate your chest like you REALLY need to show off the cool saying on your t-shirt. Tail end needs to do some work too. Look up "anterior pelvic tilt" if you don't know what it means, and try to do that. Bend the bar. Get ALL the slack out of the bar. You should feel the bar bend, and have most of its weight in your hands (and feel the weight in your mid-feet) before you pull. Just make those couple tweaks and these should end up pretty solid.