starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a lot of belts.

Default Buying a lot of belts.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Took a new teaching/coaching job and learned I will also be taking over the weight room beginning this summer. I've seen the facilities and I already know I will need some 4 inch belts and will likely need 10 or so of varying sizes. Can anyone reccomend a company where I can buy some "ok" belts for a respectable price (including shipping). I'm sure my budget won't be a whole lot. Thanks for your help everyone.

How much do you want to spend?

As little as possible. I saw some on amazon that were about $30 but were double prong. Truthfully I really don't care too much as long as they are 4 inch belts not tapered. Just curious if anyone has seen of a company that has some cheap belts that will work for a high school weight room.

If you're looking at this one: Amazon.com : ProFitness Weight Lifting Belts for Men and Woman Leather Weightlifting Belt Comes (Red, Medium) : Sports & Outdoors

I have it and am quite happy with the quality overall. Yeah, it's double pronged... not a big deal, really. The material is nice. I've had it and used it about 2 months. I have no affiliation, just a happy customer/user.

-Andrew

That was one of the ones I was looking at. Thanks, if anyone else reads this and has any suggestions it would very helpful. The more options I have the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Stevens View Post
    That was one of the ones I was looking at. Thanks, if anyone else reads this and has any suggestions it would very helpful. The more options I have the better.
    You cannot go wrong with the 6.5mm Pioneer Cut. I think its 50-60 bucks and it has half inch hole spacing to fit a variety of lifters. Just came out last week. Worth every penny.

I was going to suggest Belt Belts... but I see you aren't looking for quality belts, you just want some cheap garbage?

Hah.. no edit in this forum... "Best Belts!"

I would suggest 4" belts along with some 2.5". Deadlifting with a 4" belt is too uncomfortable unless you're 6'6". I know this is counter to the purpose of the post but... maybe a fundraiser or donations would allow for higher end belts? +1 on Best Belts. Top notch quality.

starting strength coach development program
    It would be great if I could afford Best Belts...don't even have one personally yet. I'll likely just go with the cheapest yet best reviewed choice and over time work in some quality belts. Right now just trying to gather whatever information I can about affordably priced belts out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast