starting strength gym

Thread: Extra width of a Rogue ML rack an issue?

Default Extra width of a Rogue ML rack an issue?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    In the market for a new rack and am considering either a R4 or RML4 from Rogue.

Any body find an issue with the extra 2” of frame width when racking/unracking compared to infinity?

I've got an RML-3 (same width as an R4) and sometimes the plates will hit the uprights as I unrack and walk back on the squat. A little bit annoying, but I can live with it. I have no other issues with it on other lifts.

Thanks...
    I was a little concerned when the Rogue rep brought it up out of the blue in an email. Its one of there best sellers....

Never had a problem with it. Get the sandwich J hooks if you are worried as they are narrower.

You can get used to anything, having said that, it's one of the biggest reasons to avoid Rogue. I personally think it's a nuisance and had a custom rack made to my specs. There are so many great options out there once you're looking at the $1k+ options. Check out what Sorinex has to offer and see if it works for you. Don't pay attention to the prices on the web, just call them and tell them specifically what you want. The stuff on the web is pre-packaged with junk you probably don't want or need. All accessories are interchangeable between Sorinex, Rogue and other commercial rack manufacturers if you go with 3" uprights and 1" holes.

starting strength coach development program
    I just put the J-cups on the correct side such that if a plate hits it, it swings in to inside of the rack.