starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift Problem

Default Deadlift Problem

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This video depicts a new PR for me. I haven't pulled more than 220kg in nine months. This is not the first time I have encountered this problem - it's happened a few times when attempting a single rep.

The problem appears to me that my back becomes "unlocked" just off the start; usually when attempting a heavy single rep.

I looking for cues on how to overcome this problem.
    Thanks!

PS - I mistakenly posted this a few days ago on the wrong SS forum. I hope it's okay to repost here.

Rip himself descended from his Q&A and already told you that you're setting up with your hips too low last time you posted this video, sir. If you can get the bar over your actual mid-foot, not the middle of your forefoot, and avoid the urge to push it forward with your shins, I think you'll find that the issue resolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Skillin View Post
    Rip himself descended from his Q&A and already told you that you're setting up with your hips too low last time you posted this video, sir. If you can get the bar over your actual mid-foot, not the middle of your forefoot, and avoid the urge to push it forward with your shins, I think you'll find that the issue resolves.
    Very helpful tips. When I first read this I was sure that it was just the angle of the camera that made it appear that the bar was too far forward. But when I watched the bar path, and that the path moved in the opposite direction that I was facing as it got over my knees, I realized you are right!

Hopefully by implementing your tip I will be able to reach a new PR soon. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yonason Herschlag View Post
    Hopefully by implementing your tip
    Rip's, really, but I wish you good luck with it!