starting strength gym

Thread: Weight vest

Default Weight vest

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I used to think these were pretty gay, but I’ve been wearing one (10kg) everyday to my physical job for the past month and feel great, days when I don’t wear it the work is noticeably easier. Anyone have experience with gains/injuries associated with long term use?

Quote Originally Posted by Barebackgorilla View Post
    I used to think these were pretty gay, but I’ve been wearing one (10kg) everyday to my physical job for the past month and feel great, days when I don’t wear it the work is noticeably easier. Anyone have experience with gains/injuries associated with long term use?
    I bought a 20KG cheap one for fun, and sometimes where it on the cross trainer, pullups or at my standing desk. I haven't noticed any positive effects other than it irritating my nipples and hurting my shoulders.
    It's hardly had that "TRAINING IN 10X GRAVITY" effect like Goku that I was hoping for

Irritated nipples sounds interesting I’ll have to look into that

I got a 40LB vest from Walmart fairly cheap. Using it for farmers carries, pull-ups, chin-ups, and dips has helped a lot. I notice the benefit most when wearing my firefighting air pack. I can wear it all day with no soreness or fatigue.

If you are going to walk around with a weighted vest I would at least wear something useful. A plate carrier and plates can be purchased from companies like ar500armor. If you are going to carry the weight why not add ballistic protection. The vest can be kept at bedside for that unexpected bump in the night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_L View Post
    If you are going to walk around with a weighted vest I would at least wear something useful. A plate carrier and plates can be purchased from companies like ar500armor. If you are going to carry the weight why not add ballistic protection. The vest can be kept at bedside for that unexpected bump in the night.
    They cost like 5x the price, are impossible to load incrementally and people will realise you are a retard if you wear it in public

starting strength coach development program
    No guns (or armour) where I’m from. They’ve started calling me the suicide bomber at work lol