starting strength gym

Thread: Question about semi sumo deadlift form?

Default Question about semi sumo deadlift form?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So basically I have very short arms (top position of deadlifts scoop my nuts over the bar) and shortish femurs that makes deadlifting really difficult to do without feeling my low back give out first. I have come to realize that in the bottom position of the conventional deadlift I can't flatten my lower back all the way (presumably because of either flexibility or because of how far down I have to bend to grab the bar), so there is a small degree of flexion and I don't want to risk injury. I have come to realize that an Ed Coan style semi sumo deadlift allows me to maintain the flat back and reduce any injury therein. My main question is, in a semi sumo deadlift is it most efficient to keep the bar dragging up the legs a la SS style conventional? I would imagine so but don't want to assume so just in case it may cause a minor injury somehow or something

The bar must travel along the legs because that is where the midfoot/center of gravity is regardless of your stance. Please share a video of your conventional deadlift. Most people who think they can't get in the position are wrong.