starting strength gym
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: bigdragonfly's log

Default bigdragonfly's log

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Just got back to serious weight lifting after about 20 year hiatus. Started with 5/3/1 because I was afraid of squatting three times a week. My maxes were all really low with bench press being my strongest lift so going to hop on the LP train and ride it as long as I can.

I completed my first week of SS this week and using the app to guide my warm up sets, so I'm not going to list out my full workouts - just my work sets and maybe any observations or difficulties that I run into.

Height: 5'10"
    Bodyweight: 327

I'll walk 40-45 minutes and stretch for about 15-20 minutes minutes on 3 of the days I don't lift. 1 day off from everything.

Here's my most recent work set weights:

Squat: 170
    Bench Press: 150
    Ohp: 100
    Deadlift: 165
    Last edited by bigdragonfly; 09-10-2018 at 09:09 PM.

W2 D1

Squat 180
    Bench 155
    Deadlift 175

After finishing full week of SS last week and not dying from squatting 3x week, decided to start walking again on off days.

Welcome. For whatever my opinion is worth I think you made a good decision to hold off 531 until you have finished your novice lifts in a few months. You listed you weight but you did not list your height and age. Would you be willing to offer those stats as well. I gather you are doing 3 sets of 5. Is that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by carson View Post
    Welcome. For whatever my opinion is worth I think you made a good decision to hold off 531 until you have finished your novice lifts in a few months. You listed you weight but you did not list your height and age. Would you be willing to offer those stats as well. I gather you are doing 3 sets of 5. Is that correct?
    3x5 is the program so I don't bother writing it. XD

I had my weight listed in first post but have edited to include age.

What is your height?

What is your height?
    5'10"

Have you checked the nutrition section of this forum. I know some people who have actually lost weight while gaining strength.

Have you checked the nutrition section of this forum. I know some people who have actually lost weight while gaining strength.
    No, but I have lost close to 25 pounds after becoming active and cutting most grains out of my diet. Have been stalled for a few weeks after chilling out on the am fasted walking. That was taking too much time and I also thought it was robbing my legs from proper recovery. Could be that my legs were still getting use to squatting still. Anyways, yesterday I added walking back on the days I'm not lifting so will see if that is enough to get the scale moving again.

I'm one of them.

starting strength coach development program
    W2 D2

Squat 190
    Ohp 105
    DL 185

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast