starting strength gym

Thread: Uneven squat

Question Uneven squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi coach, some days ago I started feeling a sharp pain in my lower back, in the left side more precisely, after squatting, for that reason today I decided to film my squat form from two different angle, from the back and the side, to see if it may be due to poor form, and found that I'm tilting more to the right side during the whole movement, mainly when I'm going out of the hole, I think this could be the reason of the pain in my lower back, however I want to know how to fix this problem in my form, because the pain it's getting more annoying.
    Video: YouTube (First clip is the first set and the second clip it's from the second set)
    Thanks.

I'd clean up your form, generally, and not worry about merely the idea that you're squatting asymmetrically. It's definitely related to your nutrition, and possibly programming, as well. Notice how the asymmetry grows more prominent on your later reps. But notice also that your entire set is harder than it really should be at that weight. 185lb should not be a huge struggle, really for anyone.

You attempt to hastily get out of the hole, but end up waiting before going back up and cutting out your stretch reflex entirely. My immediate feedback would be to bounce up out of the hole and not worry about getting loose or hurting yourself, or missing the rep. Any set of squats should look a lot more fluid out of the hole and only really turn into a grinder immediately out of the hole instead of in it. Beyond that, I'd want to see your nutrition (in kcal and macros, to the T), past programming, and get a general feel of your progress and attitude in the gym. If you can, hop on over to SSOC and sign up for at least a few months. Yours doesn't look like a very special case, just a case of really needing a coach and not having one.