starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Canadian (BC) garage gym owners here?

Default Any Canadian (BC) garage gym owners here?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Looking to buy a bench for my garage gym. I'm partial to Rogue quality, want the bolt together utility bench, but shipping to Vancouver is a hundred bucks.

The local fitness equipment store, has this bench, similar specs to the Rogue flat benches and I can go pick it up myself. Anyone have experience with this bench?

Flat Bench

Apparently rated for 700 lbs.

You probably are OK with that bench. Even if not, you'll only be out $160. You may want to check Craigslist too. There's good deals there on occasion. I've got the Rogue incline bench and it's pretty good but not perfect.

Try the shipping cost of having it shipped to one of the many P.O. box/ freight forwarding companies just across the line and grab a tank of cheaper gas and maybe lunch in Bellingham.I use Pacific Parcel.

What brand of bench do you guys have? Anything similar to Rogue that's domestic that i may have not considered? Thanks for the input so far.

There is a place in Everett called PR Lifting that has some good deals. Maybe shipping from there wouldn’t be to bad.

PR Lifting: Quality Fitness Gear for the Pacific Northwest

Thanks for the tip. Their flat bench looks pretty good. Have you dealt with these guys before? Own anything from them? Curious on the quality of their stuff.

If you haven’t already done so, suggest you have a look at Fitness Depot. I set up my home gym using their crossbox power rack, bench, etc. and I’m very happy with the quality and prices of their equipment. Just another option in the Lower Mainland. Good luck!

Busa

Which one of their benches did you get from Fitness Depot? You can PM me too, if you want.
    Last edited by Balazs Egerszegi; 10-01-2018 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Rephrased

I've got this one: Northern Lights Folding Flat/Incline/Decline Bench | Fitness Depot

It's a good bench, but if I had to it all over again I'd probably get something like this instead: Northern Lights NL Stealth Flat Bench, Full Commercial | Fitness Depot

Simply because I don't use the incline / decline functionality of the one I bought, and I'd like the foot pegs on the second bench I linked. I also like the fact that both of these benches are made in Canada.

Anyway... it's good to have some options to choose from. Hope this helped.

Busa

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks. I've looked at the Stealth bench but cannot find information on its weight capacity. I'm also afraid the back pad is too narrow. Anyway, thanks, I may still drive out to a Fitness Depot and try the bench. Will most likely end up buying the Rogue utility. Black Friday is not that far away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast