starting strength gym

Thread: Form Check: Deadlift 2nd week of program

Default Form Check: Deadlift 2nd week of program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    This is my work set of 275x5.

Last week I could barely to 225x3. I was definitely not doing things properly last week. Warmups we’re too heavy and didn’t wait long enough after the last warmup set. This week I decided to stick to the program and use the Starting Strength app. World of a difference!

Felt pretty good. Could probably do more but don’t want to get hurt. Thanks in advance!

IMG_2259.MOV - Google Drive

It’s time for chalk and a mixed grip my friend. You aren’t quit finishing standing up, and how could you, the bar wants to roll out of your hands before you get there. Grip that thing the whole five reps and stand all the way up. Squeeze those glútes to lockout.

Quote Originally Posted by JoelinChina View Post
    It’s time for chalk and a mixed grip my friend. You aren’t quit finishing standing up, and how could you, the bar wants to roll out of your hands before you get there. Grip that thing the whole five reps and stand all the way up. Squeeze those glútes to lockout.
    Ah... thanks for noticing my grip! My grip isn’t as weak as it looks. I read an SS article that said you want to start the grip lower because that’s where the weight will end up anyway. To be honest I was thinking this felt unstable. I guess I started with it too low. I’m definitely not ready for the mix grip. I have LOLNG LP ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by markfranklin View Post
    This is my work set of 275x5.

Last week I could barely to 225x3. I was definitely not doing things properly last week. Warmups we’re too heavy and didn’t wait long enough after the last warmup set. This week I decided to stick to the program and use the Starting Strength app. World of a difference!

Felt pretty good. Could probably do more but don’t want to get hurt. Thanks in advance!

IMG_2259.MOV - Google Drive
    Don't yank the bar off the floor. Take the slack out, hear the barbell click, drag it up your shins. As mentioned, Superman chest the top.