starting strength gym

Thread: Squat form check

Default Squat form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ok, got up to 270, but I felt my form was not good enough, reset to 225, this one is at 260. I feel the form still needs work, but I wanted to get some opinions from the gurus... ever feel like you’re asking to be roasted???

YouTube

Is this a squat check or a deadlift check? Post says squat, video says deadlift.

Crap, wrong video.

YouTube

[QUOTE=Thegreatwagu;1707897]Ok, got up to 270, but I felt my form was not good enough, reset to 225, this one is at 260. I feel the form still needs work, but I wanted to get some opinions from the gurus... ever feel like you’re asking to be roasted???

YouTube

I obviously can’t work the youtubes... or the interwebs, the last two posts should be my squat videos.

This isn't a great angle for seeing depth, and we can't see your foot closest to the camera. Still, your knees are traveling forwards the whole way down, and look like they go way past your toes. Think about getting your knees as far forwards as they'll go (maybe an inch past your toes) by the time you're about 1/3 of the way down, and then think about sitting back more to hit depth. Drive up more with your hips on the way back up.

Also, if you took 45 lbs off the bar to work on form, that would have been the time to look for a form check. Now you're almost back to the weight at which you reset, and your form still needs work (but whose doesn't?). Not trying to roast you or anything, but just saying that the time you spent on that reset could have been used more efficiently! It looks like these may still be high, which means 260 may still be too heavy for you to hit depth, which means you may be looking at yet another reset. Try to fix your form at the current weight though! The last thing you want is to get into an endless cycle of resets. Give it a go and post a follow up!

starting strength coach development program
    Ok, I’ll try to get a better angle, at this point I’m relying on the kindness of strangers to film me in the gym. Lol. And yes I agree with you on the depth, I think I am a little high, I will work on all of this.