starting strength gym

Thread: 26/ 154 / 170 deadlift form check

Default 26/ 154 / 170 deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    hello guys. im wondering hows my form? YouTube

other side but last week (less weight) YouTube

You are dropping your hips as you squeeze your chest up. After Step 3, your hips are in the spot you want them, and by dropping your hips as you squeeze, you're losing that position and also then pushing the bar forward of midfoot with your shins. If you do it correctly you should be uncomfortably tight in your hamstrings.

Stevow7-

You are doing a good job of setting your back for these pulls. That is excellent. The issue I see, as is typical with the Deadlift- is you are not starting with the bar over your mid-foot. It is actually behind mid-foot- as your shin angle is very vertical. Another way you can probably tell that you are starting with the bar too close- is that the shoulders are behind the bar. The bar should intersect the scapula- so that the lat is in an optimal position to work on the bar. Check that the bar is over the mid foot- and that your shins have a slight angle forward. O

lat-angles (1).jpg

Other than this set up- you are executing a pretty good deadlift.
    Last edited by Bekah Cygan; 10-25-2018 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevow7 View Post
    hello guys. im wondering hows my form? YouTube

other side but last week (less weight) YouTube
    Pretty good overall! I think you should set the bar down faster (don't drop it completely, but you are wasting energy). Also, Alan Thrall has a good piece on long-legged dealifters. I brought my feet much closer together and pointed the toes out, and that helped my get into a better position. I think Brett McKay also deadlifts this way.