Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Probably overthinking my squat

Default Probably overthinking my squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube
    YouTube
    Hello coaches and trainees,today I deloaded my squat and did some triples at 125 kg.They felt hella good but I'm concerned with my back,because I think it may be rounding.Would love some help,thank you very much.

Mista Cripples!

These squats are about 2" high and you are starting at the top already bent over a little. Stand tall at the top of each rep and bury these deeper next time.

Not too concerned about the back overall. There is a little rounding on rep 3 when you shot your hips back out of the hole, but start by fixing the things I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb Krieg View Post
    Mista Cripples!

These squats are about 2" high and you are starting at the top already bent over a little. Stand tall at the top of each rep and bury these deeper next time.
    Shit,I was squatting too low before and now I'm squatting too high.Well,thank you man,gonna fix this stuff.

YouTube
    Today I squatted this set of 8,and I really focused on depth and on squeezing my glutes at the top.Is it better?

Depth is better. You're staring straight ahead though. Look down. Do you do thumbs around with extended wrists for a reason?

I don't know what the fuck I'm doing with my elbow,but I know I've been doing for a while.

Yes,it helps me get tighter and feels more stable.I also have the stupid habit of flexing my wrist and thus my upper back.

Is there some other stuff I'm doing wrong?I am authorized to feel good about my squat form?

starting strength coach development program
    That's why I was asking about your grip. That elbow is doing all kinds of weird stuff and it still looks like you're losing back tightness on the way back up, especially later in the set.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast