starting strength gym

Thread: squat form check. tragic end of LP. Now what?

Default squat form check. tragic end of LP. Now what?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Guys thank you so much for your help. I feel my squat form is being normalized. I got wrong idea for a long time to keep my knees not pass my toes. Now that I have been give green light it feels more natural. But! this looks like end of LP. 2 sessions in a row i do 245 x 5, 5, 3.

this is times 5 YouTube
    and this is when i crash YouTube

Now what?

Your form is definitely improved, but I wouldn't say it's quite so dialed in that this necessarily means the end of LP. Forget if you've mentioned in your previous posts, but have you done any resets or implemented any of the late novice programming?

I have done a couple of resets. Late novice programming? Where to go for that?

PPST:3 I happen to have it in front of me right now, and it's the advanced novice section starting on pg. 97. Have you introduced a light squat day on Wednesday?

Forgive my ignorance. is that the 2nd book? I have not received it yet. Maybe this will be my answer. All I want in life is to squat 315 with all lifts come up accordingly. not too much to ask is it?

Yeah it's the other must have book. Get it! If you haven't already, you're probably overdue to turn Wednesday into a light squat day at 80% of Monday's weight, so you'll only increase the weight twice per week. I know you've already done some resets, but it sounds like you didn't really change your programming when you did. If you want to take one last swing at extending LP, maybe take a 10% deload to really work on fixing that squat form, and work your way back up with a light squat day on Wednesday.

Rocket, you can easily squeeze 35lbs more out of LP. Maybe 50. You have form issues to fix. You bar psth is not completely consistent. You are divebombing some of your reps. Do a 20 lb deload and really fix this. And as you go back thru LP you will see a difference

starting strength coach development program
    Mr. Rocket-

I want to chime in here as well to say I think you should do a 10 % reset and fix some thing with your squat. You may be able to avoid the tragic end of your LP, though I am not confident to give you a number on how much more you have to put on the bar first.

Have you ever used a TUBOW?

Your trouble with your squat is that your knees are sliding back on the way back up out of the hole. This makes you drive your hips more back then up and throws off the balance of the whole squat. Can you see that on your miss? The bar actually shift back behind mid-foot.

Most people think of the TUBOW as fixing knee slide forward- which is of course a common fault on the way down or in the whole. But TUBOW (or terrible useful block of wood) can also cue you to keep your knee in place on the way up. The knee should not move forward or backward after 1/3 of the way down to 1/3 of the way back up.

Here is a video where SSC s Jayson Ball and Noah Milstein demonstrate how to use one.
    YouTube

You can use a 2x4, a piece of PVC pipe or even a foam rollar- but they tip over easily. But use it and fix that knee slide back with a back off in weight. Another late Novice intervention is to do an 80% light day squat on the middle day of the week workout. This is a good opportunity to use the TUBOW and work on your form.

Good luck!