starting strength gym

Thread: Deadlift form check

Default Deadlift form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, everyone! This is my forst post here since I finally decided I need some help. So I've been trying to establish a correct and consistent setup because I've always had an issue with consistency in my form. 7 months ago I managed to deadlift 180kg(405lbs) for 1 rep and my back was flat, my lower back felt good and thins were pretty much ok. Then I decided to cut but I still deadlifted around 150-160kg. With time my form broke down and currently I'm strugling with 100kg(220lbs) since I cannot get into position. I've read the book, watched countless videos and tried a lot before posting. My main issue is that whenever I have to squeeze the chest up, I just can't set my lowrr back flat and my shoulder blades end up in front of the bar. Here are videos of me doing 60kg and 100kg for reps:

Streamable - free video publishing

Streamable - free video publishing

Can’t see your feet. I suspect the bar isn’t over midfoot and you might need to rock back just to put the balance back where it belongs. Some reps look forward, some end up with you on your heels. I’m thinking maybe bar placement is too close to your shins. Can’t see for sure from the angle of the videos that we don’t want. Read the sticky.

Back looks fine. You’re just underweight. I don’t know what you cut from.

Also, fire your barber.

The bar is over the middl of my foot but I think I figured it out. I need to focus more on my shoulder position over the bar when I bend over to grab it, that fu**ed up my whole setup. As for my weight I was 74kg at 5'6 and my belly was starting to form. The hair is a man bun in progress .

I'll post an update video tomorrow.