starting strength gym

Thread: squAt and deAdlift

Default squAt and deAdlift

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Squat @ 285

Previously had knee slide at the bottom. A couple weeks ago somebody pointed out that I had overcorrected and was sending my hips too far back, thus pulling my knees backwards at the bottom. Hoping I am mostly vertical now with all other variables being acceptable!

Deadlift @ 405

Finally hit this milestone! Actually just about the first time I have ever videod a DL set. I think I was a little too amped up, don't think I remembered to tighten my upper back and chest very well.

Any comments are appreciated!

Zac!

Pretty sure I saw your the squats you posted before. These are looking much better! You're doing a much better job of keeping the knees posted in place on the way down. They still want to pull back a little, but not nearly as bad as last time. Now let's talk about your hip drive. You are shoving your hips and knees backwards on the way up. This makes your back angle collapse. Think about driving your hips STRAIGHT UP, not back.

Congrats on the 4 plate deadlift! Looks like you've got lots left in the tank too Back extension is okay, you're just starting too far away from the bar. Set your stance so that your shins are only 1" away from the bar. This will place your hips in a slightly higher position. Resist the urge to drop them when your squeeze your chest up!