starting strength gym

Thread: Uploads to Strava

Default Uploads to Strava

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I use Strava to keep a workout log for all my activities. ( I know being stronger is important but it's fun to use strength for hiking and biking ). The SS app uploads my workouts as posts instead of activities. Can this be changed so that my SS workouts become part of my activity log and calendar in Strava? The Strava support described what was going on like this when I contacted them :

I started to use the Starting Strength android app that exports to Strava. The workout shows up in the dashboard but is NOT saved in my calendar or log.
    Scott
    -----
    It looks like you're actually manually entering those activities as Posts instead of Activities. You can find them here: Strava Cyclist Profile | Scott F.
    I would recommend entering your manual activities through here: Log In | Strava and they will be shown as activities on your profile.
    Strava support
    -----
    Thanks. Actually they are forwarded from an Android app. What can I relate to the author to see if he can change how they are forwarded? Is the difference between a Post and Activity enough?
    scott
    -----
    Yes, you can mention they are coming over as posts instead of activities.
    Cheers, Dennis Strava Support Team
    Thanks in advance for any reply - scott

shabu is offline Starting Strength App Developer

Interesting, I had no idea that this kind of thing was even possible!

How are you actually sharing that data with Strava? are you using the share function at the end of each training when the report pops up on the main menu screen?

Sending the data to Strava is an in app function at the end of the session when the report pops up. Thank you for the reply.
    scott

If possible in future updates I would also like to see SS sessions sent to Strava. I used Fitbod app before SS and liked that aspect of it, automatically sending Fitbod workout session to Strava. 👍