starting strength gym

Thread: If your hotel gym is bad, how do you train on the road?

Default If your hotel gym is bad, how do you train on the road?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello. I travel a lot for work and go to Europe often (Amsterdam). The hotel gyms are usually bad, especially in Europe.

How do you keep up with your training while on the road? Is there any easy way to find a barbell gym in cities in the world that allows for day passes (for a fee)? Thanks.

Spa Sport Hotel Zuiver in Amsterdam has barbells, a squat rack, and a Dutch spa for afterwards. It's closer to a 24 Hour Fitness than a proper gym, but it'll do. Otherwise, depending on what you do when you're traveling for work, it can be a bit of a bitch to get to a gym that isn't in or next to the hotel (meetings running long, having to get dinner and drinks with co-workers and clients, etc.). You're also probably kind of worn down from the travel itself. For these days, you'll have to make do with the stationary bike and dumbbell conditioning, which we could all use more of anyway. Also, for weeks where I know I won't be able to lift properly, I try to just go a bit harder when I am at home, and slightly overdo it, since there will be an imposed recovery stretch coming up.