starting strength gym

Thread: Barbell gym in East Nashville, TN

Default Barbell gym in East Nashville, TN

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey strong folks; looks like I'm headed to the east side of Nashville for a week for some Army stuff, but I'm not going to be on a military facility (which would more reliably have barbell gyms).

Any of you folks from TN and know an adequate gym in East Nashville to get my TX-method training done for a week?

(I'll keep my Google fingers moving in the meantime. Found an acceptable place in West Nashville, but I may not be able to make that drive consistently during the trip)

Nashville Athletic Club is on the SE side. While it certainly doesn't appear to be a barbell gym, I would call and see if they have barbells. Online you can get a free 3 day pass, which could save you some $$

I used to live in East Nashville but it was awhile back. That “Gym5” place was a Gold’s gym when I lived there. Looks like they have some bumper plates which is promising, but I’d investigate further.

Climb Nashville has a full Rogue setup, but I don’t think the East Nashville location does.

You likely found the black iron gym already, but it’s in a terrible location. The Crossfit box in the Germantown neighborhood (can’t remember the name) has powerlifter members who train when they want for $75 a month, but I’m not sure if Xfit East Nashville allows that or not. Germantown is on the Westside of the river, but not too far.

There was a S&C gym in East Nashville for awhile, but I don’t see it coming up on a Google search. It apparently had ties to the White power movement.

Looks like there is Xfit Rising Sun on the East side as well. Check for open gym times.

Addendum:

Crossfit pro Vita is the Germantown location that has powerlifters.

Poe’s Gym looks like it has managed to relocate to an even worse location than when I lived in Nashville.

I have some friends there I can ask for you, though.

Addendum #3

Friend who lives there suggested

iron house S&C in Hermitage

Iron House Gym

starting strength coach development program
    Another friend said that Nashville Athletic Club on Harding Place will have no problem with you deadlifting heavy.