starting strength gym

Thread: Styles' LP

Default Styles' LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Is this what a LP is supposed to look like? I'm pretty pleased with my results but I still think that I should be much stronger.
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 217
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by styles.moody; 03-05-2019 at 02:34 PM.

We're about the same height, but you're 20 years younger and 20lb heavier than me. You can look at mine for comparison....

Generally, I would agree that you should be pleased with your results. You are much stronger, and made good progress. That said, I think you're generally below where someone would be at the end of LP for someone your age and size. Do the three questions - especially the technique questions.

I'm still in LP, but I feel it's approaching the endgame - starting to fail reps (except for deadlift, which seems to be still going strong). I could be wrong about that, I'll let my coach decide when LP is over. I also have technique issues holding me back.

Thanks for the advice, Adam! I reviewed the three questions and I definitely think that I could use a little more time in between sets. I typically fail on the last or second to last rep. I've been reviewing my technique the whole way through my LP. Nothing is perfect yet but that has definitely improved as well. Currently, I'm working on trying to fix my "good morning squat." Should be a fun journey. Thanks again for the advice. It should really help me continue my LP.

-Styles

I've seen a lot of posters say their squats feel like good mornings but when a form check is posted the coaches say it looks fine. I have felt this too and my correction for this was getting better at performing the valsalva maneuver. I could definitely feel the difference.

This might be your case too, maybe not. But if you have never squatted 300+ then a 250 good morning would probably be impossible.

Default Update

I had a good breakfast of steak n eggs today and killed 3x5 290. I think the main thing that helped was waiting 8 minutes in between sets though. Hopefully my progress continues!

-Styles
    Last edited by styles.moody; 03-09-2019 at 02:24 PM.