starting strength gym

Thread: 275x5 PR squat check

Default 275x5 PR squat check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    YouTube

Been a while - switched to intermediate programming when I failed 265, and with a hard reset , so only going up once a week now took a while to get back up but now I just did 275 and it felt easy.

Any tips?

Keep your gaze on the floor. You are lifting your head on the ascent and part of the descent.

Stay leaned over. You are lifting your chest and humping forward at the bottom.

I think your toe turn out is too much. I also think these are a hair high. Try bringing your toes in a little bit so you don't get hung up at the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    Keep your gaze on the floor. You are lifting your head on the ascent and part of the descent.

Stay leaned over. You are lifting your chest and humping forward at the bottom.

I think your toe turn out is too much. I also think these are a hair high. Try bringing your toes in a little bit so you don't get hung up at the bottom.
    Thanks. I am aware of the gaze thing.. it's been impossible to overcome for me. When it's heavy, i just lose focus on that cue, i just can't seem to remember.

As for the toes out thing.. i know i have them more pointed out than most people, and i can't explain why but it just feel right for me. That's the direction my knees want to point in, and they naturally allign with my toes when i squat deep, and it feels totally natural and easy to get in that position. When i turn my toes in more, it feels super awkward trying to get down to depth. I don't know why. is there anything with my form that you think is suffering because of my toe angle?