starting strength gym
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Denver

JayLivsey is offline Owner, Starting Strength Denver

Default Starting Strength Denver

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello Everyone! This will be the thread for all things Starting Strength Denver.

My name is Jay Livsey and I am opening two Starting Strength Gyms in the Denver area, starting with our first one this summer. I found Starting Strength through Crossfit when I realized I wasn’t getting stronger and couldn’t figure out why. Turns out the simple answer was the correct answer. Since attending a seminar in 2016, I have joked with my wife about emailing Rip to send us a coach so we could open a gym in Denver.

After our second baby, my wife started training again and quickly advanced past my coaching ability. I referred her to Jayson Ball in Boulder so she could get some actual coaching. We quickly discovered that Jayson was booked solid which only reinforced my assumption that there was a market for this. About three weeks later, Rip posted the article announcing the goal of opening 100 Gyms in five years. I scheduled time to discuss stats in Denver with Ray and quickly signed on after learning about the numbers here.

Let’s kick off this thread with any questions you have about Starting Strength Denver. I am incredibly excited about this opportunity and look forward to meeting everyone in one of our new Starting Strength Gyms!

Any idea of gym locations yet?

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Jay is a sharp entrepreneur, a successful real estate investor, and an all around good guy. He's also an ex pro-golfer and we're looking forward to showing his country club buddies that Starting Strength = hitting the ball farther.

Jay, we're glad to have you at the helm in Denver!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbfast View Post
    Any idea of gym locations yet?
    Early leader for our first location is a spot in LoHi, 38th and Pecos area. I would bet our second location is somewhere south. There has been A LOT of interest for Littleton/Centennial/Tech Center and Highlands Ranch area.

I expected the DTC, but not 38th and Pecos.

Thanks!

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Jay is a sharp entrepreneur, a successful real estate investor, and an all around good guy.
    He's been super helpful for SS Houston as well with all his old college buddies becoming lawyers here in Texas in the areas where we're needing questions answered...

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    Jay is a sharp entrepreneur, a successful real estate investor, and an all around good guy. He's also an ex pro-golfer and we're looking forward to showing his country club buddies that Starting Strength = hitting the ball farther.

Jay, we're glad to have you at the helm in Denver!
    Thankfully a coach already spelled out how this can help improve your golf game (shameless self plug): Strength Training for Golf | Nick D'Agostino

Hopefully it can at least get a few of them in the door lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post
    Thankfully a coach already spelled out how this can help improve your golf game (shameless self plug): Strength Training for Golf | Nick D'Agostino

Thanks Nick! I remember reading the article but completely forgot you wrote it! It confirmed what I quietly suspected, great article! I'll be spreading that around for people to read, thanks for the reminder!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Nick D'Agostino View Post

Nick, this is excellent! Thanks for sharing.

starting strength coach development program
    Looking forward to becoming part of the first wave of Starting Strength Gyms!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast