starting strength gym
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Boston

Default Starting Strength Boston

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello my name is Arthur Frontczak and I’m working to open Boston’s first Starting Strength Gym. This thread is dedicated to all things Starting Strength Boston.

I personally tried various weightlifting routines and in-person coaching off and on over the years with little success. Nothing made a substantial difference in my strength or body composition. I came across the Starting Strength book about 5 years ago and began SSOC online coaching in November of 2017. As my form got better and strength improved I was completely hooked. Finally a program that actually makes you stronger! Oh to have known this in high school (I’m 6’1” and weighed 155lbs back then).

Between Rip’s amazing body of work and the high caliber of SSC coaches, I jumped at the chance to open a Starting Strength Gym in New England. There are no SSC coaches or affiliate gyms north of Connecticut which is crazy! The Starting Strength system has particular appeal to people with backgrounds in engineering and the sciences, something Boston has aplenty. I’m on a mission to create a thriving SS community here and am eager to involve as many people as possible in this life-changing work.

Please post your questions or comments below. I hope to meet everyone in our new Starting Strength Gym this Fall!
    Last edited by Arthur Frontczak; 03-17-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

It is a shame that New England is a Starting Strength desert. Which is why it’s no surprise that Boston has more early interest sign ups than any other gym. Fall can’t come soon enough!

Arthur where are you thinking in Boston?
    Where are u currently training? Maybe a few of us can get together to train and grab a bite to eat and talk about SS Boston.

Arthur where are you thinking in Boston?
    I'm exploring sites in the city along the Red and Orange line subway corridors. I'm in active negotiations on multiple leads, and getting into the thick of that now. More to come.

Where are u currently training?
    I lift at home under the watchful eye of Noah Milstein, my Starting Strength Online (SSOC) coach. He's a great guy, has helped me tremendously, and used to live in Boston (I've come to forgive him for moving away). My wife is getting into Starting Strength and uses our home gym too.

Maybe a few of us can get together to train and grab a bite to eat and talk about SS Boston.
    Definitely! Creating a Boston community of strength will be fantastic. Anyone interested can leave a message here and we'll make it work (find a Saturday?). When the gym opens we'll hold quarterly meetups so everyone can get to know each other better. But I'm getting ahead of myself; lunch is a great place to start

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurFronz View Post

Please post your questions or comments below. I hope to meet everyone in our new Starting Strength Gym this Fall!
    Are you a Christian Scientist?

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
    Are you a Christian Scientist?
    A personal question . No I’m not. I was raised Catholic which, despite recent challenges/controversies with the Church, best represents my faith. Most of my work experience in Information Technology comes from working at Blue Cross Blue Shield of MA (insurance company) and the Christian Science Publishing Society (publisher of the non-denominational Christian Science Monitor news organization and also a part of the worldwide First Church of Christ, Scientist in Boston). Through most of my career I’ve worked for organizations dedicated to improving people’s lives which has been an honor. Which brings me to my recent choice to become a Starting Strength Gym owner. I’m excited about making people’s lives better by preaching the gospel of Strength (so to speak); from the book of Rippetoe specifically
    Last edited by Arthur Frontczak; 03-18-2019 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArthurFronz View Post
    Looking forward to it! Best of luck!

I'm interested in seeing this come together.

This is awesome--very cool to see. I have a place about 45 min northwest of Boston...happy to cheer you on!!

starting strength coach development program
    I live in Manchester, New Hampshire. Working with a guy in the area who's about to be SSC certified soon. Grateful to see the SS Gym opening in Boston! Not sure there's much I can do to practically support you guys, but I'd love to come into Boston to do what I can as you guys open! Keep me in the loop - and if you have a newsletter, hit me up.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast