starting strength gym

Thread: deadlift for the long torso, short leg body type

Default deadlift for the long torso, short leg body type

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi all,

my Fiance has been strength training with me at the gym, and I've been trying to teach her the lifts the way that they're taught in the book.

She happens to have a super long ratio of torso to legs. Like, noticibly so.

I am just wondering, from the experience of people who have coached all types of bodies, what to expect from the back angle in a person who has this body type. I know there is a diagram in the book, but i am struggling with wondering whether i should be telling her to get her hips lower, or if she needs to have her back be more horizontal.

How would it look different from an average person, when watching someone with super long torso and short legs deadlift?

Apologies that i don't have a video as of now, just wondering if anyone has any experience working with this type of person on deadlifts and what their experience was.

More like Karl Schudt.

Jeff, put her scapulae over the bar over mid foot. That's the correct back angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    More like Karl Schudt.

Jeff, put her scapulae over the bar over mid foot. That's the correct back angle.
    Yeah, good catch. Reading skills are poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch12879 View Post
    More like Karl Schudt.

Thanks - so, she does do this, and it just seems more vertical then i would imagine, but i guess that's fine as long as those two cues are on point.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff LC View Post
    Thanks - so, she does do this, and it just seems more vertical then i would imagine, but i guess that's fine as long as those two cues are on point.
    Good! Indeed, anthropometry is a cruel mistress. Go forth in sin!