starting strength gym

Thread: 2.5 inch to 4 inch Tapered Belt for Deadlifts

Default 2.5 inch to 4 inch Tapered Belt for Deadlifts

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi Guys,

I am unable to deadlift with my 4 inch belt for the reasons Mark outlined on his T-Nation article, but I could use the extra IAP I think. Ideally, yes, I would like to get the Dean Best belt, but A) It's a 6-7 week lead time at present, and B) Not sure I want to invest $100 until I know for sure it will solve the form problems the 4 inch belt creates.

In the meatime, I found a 2.5 inch front to 4 inch back tapered belt for $35 that appears to be pretty rigid with 1-5 days lead time. Do you think that will help or am I wasting money? If you think it is a good call, I will purchase it and if it helps I will get the Dean Best belt and use this one until it arrives.

Strength Shop Weightlifting Belt

Thanks Guys.

For testing or desperation or desire to fully customize purposes, I recommend buying a leather belt, grabbing a razor blade and cutting it down.

The one you have above is some sort of synthetic abomination, but I expect you could do the same thing with it. I'd be more inclined to pick up a plain leather one off ebay. There are tons of them there.