Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Starting Strength Dallas

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

Default Starting Strength Dallas

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rip is one convincing guy. You all know this. 4 years ago Rip was going on about how good the market is in Dallas and how I need to leave that "shit-hole of an island, Manhattan". Rip Voice: "Brent, *snort* it's an ISLAND. What do you think is going to happen when WWIII hits and the power grid shuts down?! How long before you guys start eating each other? Fahve days...?"

Fast forward 4 years and I've left my well paying salaried job on Manhattan and moved back to my home state. Rip is rarely wrong and this was no exception. I am back in the great state of Texas and positioned to open up 3 gyms in the DFW area. I am thrilled (and also slightly nauseous) at the prospect. I know I have a lot to learn but the support from Rip, Stef, Nick, Ray, Jen, Ben, David, and the rest of the franchise HQ has been monumental.

Our first location has a lease signed and pre-sales are live. Within the first 30min to an hour we had 4 sign ups. I've been making calls and emails and genuinely enjoying touching base with our DFW fanbase. We've got a mailing list if you are interested in getting updates; you can also follow us on social media for cute puppy pictures and gym buildout photos. @startingstrengthdallas • Instagram photos and videos

As the first SSC/ Area Developer I think we are going to be in for a fun ride!

If you are in the Dallas area and are interested you can get more info and sign up here: Starting Strength Dallas

I'll keep you guys posted on progress and challenges along the way.

Sales have been brisk, according to my information. Also, fuck you, New York Boy.

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

I predict Starting Strength Dallas will be the #1 SS gym in the country.

All of the ingredients are there: top city in terms of hits to the website, perfect demographics, gym location couldn’t be better, seminar staff coach SSC running the show, backed by plenty of capital, and an aggressive pace with quality execution from Brent and team.

Really damn excited about this. Brent, you’re off to a fantastic start. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent Carter View Post
    I am back in the great state of Texas and positioned to open up 3 gyms in the DFW area. I am thrilled (and also slightly nauseous) at the prospect. I know I have a lot to learn but the support from Rip, Stef, Nick, Ray, Jen, Ben, David, and the rest of the franchise HQ has been monumental.

Our first location has a lease signed and pre-sales are live.
    I like your first location. Really close to where I used to work. Should do well there.

Any idea where the other 2 will be in the DFW area?

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Andy C. View Post
    Any idea where the other 2 will be in the DFW area?
    We are still doing our research on that account, but I think Frisco and areas of Ft Worth are definitely interesting.

Starting Strength Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Sales have been brisk, according to my information. Also, fuck you, New York Boy.

J.D. Shipley is offline Owner, Starting Strength Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Gillenwater View Post
    I predict Starting Strength Dallas will be the #1 SS gym in the country.
    I'm, frankly, a little offended by this prediction...

Fight!! Fight!!

In the humorous style I've come to expect from you Brent, you've *handsdown* provided the funniest introduction to your SS gym thread. Apologies to Joyce, Arthur, Jay and JD, though I'm sure you'll all agree!

Congratulations on the great decision to move home and begin this next phase of your life and career. It sounds like you're off to a fantastic start, which of course is no surprise.

Best of luck with the opening of the first location. I look forward to watching Starting Strength Dallas grow into a raging success story!

Ray Gillenwater is offline Administrator, Starting Strength Gyms
    Starting Strength Coach

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. Shipley View Post
    I'm, frankly, a little offended by this prediction...
    Heavens. I hope I haven’t started some sort of rivalry that would have Houston trying to beat out Dallas. Whatever have I done??

JD, prove me wrong and steak is on me.
    Last edited by Ray Gillenwater; 03-27-2019 at 07:31 PM.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast