starting strength gym

Thread: Official SS Equipment in UK

Default Official SS Equipment in UK

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’m interested in the new power rack and barbell designed by Mark and manufactured by Texas Strength Systems and Buddy Capps, any plans for EU / UK distribution?

Not right now, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    I’m interested in the new power rack and barbell designed by Mark and manufactured by Texas Strength Systems and Buddy Capps, any plans for EU / UK distribution?
    I was trying to get hold of an SS rack but the shipping costs were extremely high, and welders charged a very high price. If you’re in the UK, I suggest buying this one https://www.ironking.uk.com/shop/sr-70-squat-rack/

They manufacture everything and will build it to your measurements. I had one done to 22 inches deep (like the ss rack) so you can do dips in it. You’ll likely not find a better rack or one any closer to the ss design in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Plant View Post
    I was trying to get hold of an SS rack but the shipping costs were extremely high, and welders charged a very high price. If you’re in the UK, I suggest buying this one Iron King | SR-70 Squat Rack | Equipment that works as hard as you

They manufacture everything and will build it to your measurements. I had one done to 22 inches deep (like the ss rack) so you can do dips in it. You’ll likely not find a better rack or one any closer to the ss design in the UK.
    Hi Sean, this is interesting, thanks. I hadn't seen this company before now. I have had my eye on Bulldog Gear for a while but the way they copycat Rogue puts me off a bit.

This rack does seem to be a better equivalent, and the price is actually quite reasonable, although I can't find any mention of shipping costs on their website. Did you purchase one of these?

I'm also still looking at the Rogue Bolt-Together R-3 from Rogue EU, which would work out about £900 delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by Moment View Post
    Hi Sean, this is interesting, thanks. I hadn't seen this company before now. I have had my eye on Bulldog Gear for a while but the way they copycat Rogue puts me off a bit.

This rack does seem to be a better equivalent, and the price is actually quite reasonable, although I can't find any mention of shipping costs on their website. Did you purchase one of these?

I'm also still looking at the Rogue Bolt-Together R-3 from Rogue EU, which would work out about £900 delivered.
    If you’re in the UK they’ll deliver it and install it for you for free. Yeah, I got one on Black Friday of last year for £550, but £750 is still very reasonable when you compare it to other companies.

I looked at buying that rack but it was much dearer than the iron king one, which is just as good quality wise. If you’re setting it up in a small space the iron king rack would be more suitable as you can have it built to your specs. They also make the racks themselves, taking out potential third party inconveniences etc.