starting strength gym

Thread: Prowler/sled purchase

Default Prowler/sled purchase

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I’m looking at either the Butcher 2 or Echo sled. I will be using it on my slightly sloped concrete driveway.

Does it make any difference on either of these if I get plastic skis/feet in terms of noise or wear on my driveway? The rogue rep seemed to indicate that the plastic feet were for indoor use.

I’m leaning towards the Butcher just because it looks more stable. However I’d rather not turn around every time. Are the sleds pretty solid from Rogue, especially for somebody over 6’4”?

Thanks for any advice.

If the metal skids on a sled tear up your driveway, you have some profound concrete problems.

I have the Rogue dog sled. I bought the plastic feet which don't work well on real grass (the edge of the plastic digs in and makes terrible holes).

"No feet" is better on grass. It's now being used on the astro turf at school football field where the feet are super nice. The bare steel might make the school mgt. nervous.

I've not used it on concrete or asphalt and have no input for that.

To lessen the edges digging in on any surface, pulling using the tether (nylon straps over shoulders) works great but I haven't seen that recommended here.

Pulling a sled and pushing a prowler are completely different uses of the kinetic chain. Not the same work at all.