starting strength gym

Thread: fat pad benefit

Default fat pad benefit

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    How much weight do you typically get out of a fat pad vs standard bench? Ive lifted on once and i recall being able to lift a substantial amount more several years ago.

Fat pad doesn't affect the weight you lift. There would have been a different variable that affected your lift. Fat pad just provides a wider base for support. Some people find it more comfortable and "research suggests" it may reduce chance of shoulder injury. For me, it just get in the way. The widest I'll go is 12.5"

Quote Originally Posted by wsmoran View Post
    Fat pad doesn't affect the weight you lift. There would have been a different variable that affected your lift. Fat pad just provides a wider base for support. Some people find it more comfortable and "research suggests" it may reduce chance of shoulder injury. For me, it just get in the way. The widest I'll go is 12.5"
    Rogue carries a competition fat pad that is 12.5”.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB105 View Post
    Rogue carries a competition fat pad that is 12.5”.
    Which is where I got the 12.5 max I go. It's a good pad that I enjoy using. However, I prefer 12 over 12.5 which is why I use the Rep Fitness version instead, even though the Rep is a lesser quality pad.