starting strength gym

Thread: Thai massage-- cured my golfer's elbow and adductor issue

Default Thai massage-- cured my golfer's elbow and adductor issue

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello. I was in Amsterdam recently and, given how beaten up my body is from training, I wanted to get a real massage (not a "massage" so common in Amsterdam).

I researched Thai massage because I've been to Bangkok a bunch and the massages there were incredible. I found a very highly rated place in the city center of Amsterdam.

This rather stout Thai lady used nothing but her feet, and balanced with two wooden canes to give her even more leverage. Needless to say, it was painful but great at the same time.

I mentioned to her about my golfer's elbow and leg pain. As with every other part (back, hands, etc.), she basically jammed her heels into my arms, all the way down, on all sides. Miraculously, my golfer's elbow went away. Also, she told me that my legs seemed very tight (maybe from the heavy squats), and she said my adductors needed work but she would need to "torture" me. Nearly crying in pain as she sank her feet deep up and down the inside of my leg, the calf, the quad, and every other part, I now feel like a million dollars. I could not believe how much it helped.

Does anyone else use Thai massage specifically to treat their muscle aches and pains? I need to find a good place at home because I was shocked at how well it worked (and how hard she was crushing me with just her feet). I guess she knows something about leverage and moment arms, too.

Amsterdam and Bangkok??

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Amsterdam and Bangkok??
    Yes, sir. The one good thing about my job is I get to travel to some cool places all over the world.

I think Rip may have been alluding to the reputation of those cities for drugs and sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Dave View Post
    I think Rip may have been alluding to the reputation of those cities for drugs and sex.
    That one went right over Clyde's head.

So did this fix your issues completely or just temporarily? How do you feel now, did anything flare up again since training?
    I might try this as well for my little quirks and aches.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Philipp Muhoray View Post
    So did this fix your issues completely or just temporarily? How do you feel now, did anything flare up again since training?
    I might try this as well for my little quirks and aches.
    Two weeks in, and the elbow still feels great. My legs feel good, too. I was in Miami last week and could not train (I ran on the boardwalk down Miami Beach), so admittedly I have not gone at it hard since the Thai lady worked her magic. I benched yesterday, and no elbow issues, and got a nice PR. Today I did some squats because I didn't have a lot of time and no issues right now. So I guess it worked. I am going to try to find a good Thai place at home rather than having to fly to Amsterdam to fix me.