starting strength gym

Thread: Pulled Back Muscle

Default Pulled Back Muscle

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I was recently diagnosed with a minor muscle strain in my lower back. I just found the information on the Starr rehab methodd of recovery. I have a few questions:

1. Can I also work on other body parts after I do the rehab protocol (if they don't bother the strained muscle)?
    2. Should I have a maintance level diet since I am not training as hard or is it more benefitial to be in a caloric surplus to aid in recovery?
    3. Are deadlifts or squats more benefitial in the Star rehab? I hurt my back doing squatsm, but deadlifts are the exercise mose being affected by the injury? I can squat 195lb without pain, but only with a vertical back (I was using a working weight of 340 when I injured myself). Post injury, I feel pain when deadlifting 135lb while I was deadlifting close to 400 prior to the injury.

Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post

I have found the answer to 2 of my questions. Can't seem to locate the answer to adding other lifts to the rehab protocol. Nothing says to do so, nor do I see anything which states it's detrimental. Could you advice me on the answer?

Thanks