starting strength gym

Thread: Fucked lower back. (Yes, I know. I'm the millionth one to post this)

Default Fucked lower back. (Yes, I know. I'm the millionth one to post this)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm 32 years old, 265 pounds, and my numbers aren't where they need to be. My squats are at 225, deadlift is 325, bench is 225, and my press is a measly 115. That being said, I injured my lower back doing barbell rows too fast and too heavy when I had no business doing them after my workout. I have to continue I know this but it hurts so damn bad to bend over or even to sit let alone trying to lift. Xrays looked good Doc McQuack said spine is in good shape and that it's a pulled muscle. How do I fix this? Starr Rehab, deload my LP, or get a lobotomy? Thanks.

Barbell rows are not in the novice program. There is a reason for this. You have not done the program. I suggest you do the program.

I tweak my lower back fairly often. It used to take me weeks to recover, but I figured out the trick; now I'm back in business within a day or so. I'll lie on my back and slip a softball under my lower back and then move it around with my body weight pressing down on it. Instant relief, although some residual soreness may last a while longer.

Default Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Barbell rows are not in the novice program. There is a reason for this. You have not done the program. I suggest you do the program.
    Thank you.