starting strength gym

Thread: So squatting can help with chondromalacia?

Default So squatting can help with chondromalacia?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    About two years ago I started squatting and I didn't really pay much attention to form. After a little while I started feeling pain in my right knee and stopped. I did some physical therapy and it improved a bit, but I still feel some discomfort.

I learned how to squad properly by taking some classes, but never really continued out of fear that I would cause more injury.

From what I've been reading here, it seems that squatting may actually help me by correcting some imbalances and strengthening certain muscles?

I would love any feedback on this because the phyiscal therapy exercises don't seem to help much, and I liked being able to do weight training, as it helped with my depression symptoms.

Thanks!

Video of your squat?

Here you go. I hope it works.

Shared album - Vishan Chopra - Google Photos

Notice that as the set progresses your knees slide more forward at the bottom. If you want this to heal you have to stay out of your knees when you squat.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Notice that as the set progresses your knees slide more forward at the bottom. If you want this to heal you have to stay out of your knees when you squat.
    Thank you. I'm not sure what you mean by stay out of my knees though. Could you explain that?

And can squatting actually help heal this problem? Or are you just saying that I can still squat, but if my form is poor it will make it worse?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I got some coaching and took another video. How does this look?

Also how does my deadlift look?