starting strength gym

Thread: Bar Position for Low Bar Squat

Default Bar Position for Low Bar Squat

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Ok, I have finally developed enough shoulder flexibility to be able to uncomfortably, as opposed to painfully, get into the low bar position. I rewatched Rips bar placement video andI tried to use the low bar squat position while squatting today. The problem I ran into after placing the bar under the lateral aspect of my scapular spine was when I would raise my elbows to tighten my upper back the posterior delt would pop the bar back on top of the scapular spine. What am I doing wrong?

You're probably not gripping the bar correctly, or at all. Video? It's hard to see a picture since you only typed ~90 words. Pictures need a thousand. Word descriptions of videos need far more, and will be deleted without reading.

Quote Originally Posted by David Sanders View Post
    Ok, I have finally developed enough shoulder flexibility to be able to uncomfortably, as opposed to painfully, get into the low bar position. I rewatched Rips bar placement video andI tried to use the low bar squat position while squatting today. The problem I ran into after placing the bar under the lateral aspect of my scapular spine was when I would raise my elbows to tighten my upper back the posterior delt would pop the bar back on top of the scapular spine. What am I doing wrong?
    Does the bar stay put when there is weight on the it?

No, it feels good until I raise my elbows to and tighten my upper back to create the "shelf" with the rear belts then the bar pops up. I'm going to attempt to get a video. It's hard to capture as I work out alone in my garage.

A video would be helpful. It sounds like you’re lifting your elbows too much, which is a thing. Post a video.