starting strength gym

Thread: European SSC

Default European SSC

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    As the title implies, is it possible to become a SSC in Europe? My specific country is Greece but I doubt it really matters which one since you guys are only affiliated with the US.

If yes, can I do so by not travelling to the US and providing everything for all the exams through the internet?

We have European SSCs. Since we have to examine your coaching at a SS Seminar, and since we don't do SS Seminars in Europe at this time, you'll have to travel.

Thanks for the info.

We have aspiring coaches in the Starting Strength Coach Prep Course from places around the world, including Europe. You might consider that as a way to get prepared before committing to the travel and the cost of a full seminar.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLAGman27 View Post
    My specific country is Greece
    Where are you in Greece?

Crete

Default Greece ssc

starting strength coach development program
    I am also from Greece, specifically from Lesvos island. I also want to become a SSC but i don't intend travelling to USA. So my only choice is to prepare by myself (I have read the "Practical Programing For Strength Training" and shortly i will start reading the "Starting Strength: Basic Barbell Training, 3rd edition". Every day i read articles or watch videos at startingstrength.com. I have been barbel training since 1988 until now, with a break from 2003-2010. During that period i completely stopped training. For a lot of years i have been helping people with there training. Mostly form and programming guidance. After i finished reading "Practical Programing For Strength Training" since a few months, i started training using the NLP protocol for older man - i am 52 years old - for some weeks and then followed the Post Novice Programming with ascending sets). So my strategy is to get prepared as better as i can by myself (I would like an SSC to give me guidance on that preperation) and when Mr. Rippetoe decides to do SS Seminars in Athens, i would be ready (I say "When" and not "If" because i believe that it will happen some time as i can see from how Mark Rippetoes books are selling).
    Forgive me for my poor English. I do not know to speak English good enough. But another good thing with my preparation is that i am learning English!
    Greetings Pete Troupos and TheLAGman27, i would like to speek to you guys!